Sunday, June 14, 2009

His reach




exceeds his grasp.
You'd think I'd learn to place his toys a bit farther away after the first time.
As you can see, Jake's quite proud of himself.
It isn't uncommon to hear Jake read to himself for the first 15-20 minutes of nap time. (Or have conversations with Dora, Boots, Backpack & Map.) Today I slipped outside to read a book in the sun. An hour later I come inside and hear him loudly playing an hour into official nap time. He's shrieking "Bare! Bare!" Of course I immediately think that he's pulled his pants and diaper off and playing in his poop. (This happened one time when I was babysitting my nephew Zion.) I rush upstairs and see (top picture.) All is well. Now we are an hour and a half into nap time and he's still happily entertaining himself. Please don't tell me that the end of nap time is near!




No comments: