Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A brief glimpse

I am rarely savvy to the 'bigger picture' in life, but occasionally God gives me glimpses of how He protects and provides.

As many of you know, Jess was terminated from his job on March 1st. This has been hard on us in many ways, but it has also been a time where we have grown in our faith and in our marriage. I struggled with this lifestyle change since I was planning on staying home for a year and focusing on raising Jake and Quinn. (After all, isn't that what God really wants for moms?) After reconciling the disappointment and confusion, I've gotten adjusted to the thought of being a working mom in the fall. We were able to obtain insurance through my job and Jess commenced on finding a new career. (He's still looking.) Today we found out some interesting news...his former company just laid off several underwriters and closers. This would have included him and if it happened this week, then we'd BOTH be unemployed and uninsured.

Our God is awesome.
He protects.
He provides.
I love Him.
I trust Him.

Not sure how this path is going to unfold, but I walk forward in faith.

Thanks for your prayers, friends.