Monday, September 27, 2010

Leaf pile

"Leaf pile"  artist:  Jake (3 years old)
Jake started his school year today.  I was a bit worried about his transition to the 3 year old room as he's had rough transitions from the three other rooms at KRK.  He gets attached to his teachers.  I think after an 18 week summer with mommy he was ready to be around kids and was already comfortable with his new teachers Ms. Jill and Ms. Candice since he's met them several times and we've talked about the transition to the 'big kids' room.  He breezed by his former teachers and told them, "I don't go to your room anymore.  I'm a big kid now."  Later he said, "Honey Bears (the old room)  turn into Busy Bees (the new room)."  Hilarious.  When I picked him up he was grinning ear to ear.  He gave me a tour of his new room and said he had a great day!  YEAH!  This makes MY transition back to work a lot easier!  Keeping Quinn with me this week.  She'll start on Monday!

Funny footnote:  We went to Publix this evening.  They have their Halloween decorations out already.  I spied a two foot tall witch amidst a display and asked Jake what he saw.  He gasped and said, "A Queen!" Precious.    

No comments: