Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anxious

Greetings, Friends!
With my first and second mission trip experiences (to Bolivia) my biggest concern was raising the support, this time I'm confident that God's got that covered.  I know that He's already prompted folks to have open hearts to this kingdom building experience and  raised up financial partners.  I just have to be obedient and share my letter and request.  THIS time what rears up in anxiety is around leaving my family for a week.

$2,7000 to fund this expedition?  No problem.  God's got that covered.
Airplane trip?  No, I can't explain why airplanes work, I just trust that they do.
Traveling abroad?  Bring it on! I'm so excited about seeing a new place.
Not being able to understand Portuguese? Ah, we share a common love language...Jesus!
Foreign foods?  Cool. I'm already salivating over the anticipation of mornings sipping Brazilian coffee!
Speaking in front of a crowd?  I do that ever day.  Plus see #4; certainly the translator will cover my inadequacies.
Leaving my family for a week? Quinn won't even be one yet.  She'll barely be weaned.  What if I cause them some psychological damage from being gone for so long?!  A week isn't long to me but in child time it's HUGE.  How's Jess going to manage two without me?  Who is going to feed them? What if someone gets sick? Yeah, Lord.  I'm gonna need some help on this one.  And so I keep offering up this fear/anxiety.  In my head I know that God's in control.  He's more invested in my family's welfare and well being than I am.  He knows their needs. Since I know that I am being obedient to HIS will, I need to TRUST that He'll meet the needs of my family while I'm away, just like He does while I'm here!

No comments: